Saturday, April 11, 2009

Pot Pie Revisited

I don't have any pictures of it, mostly because it looked exactly the same. Instead of using just whole wheat pastry flour for the crust, I used half whole wheat and half whole wheat pastry and it came out fluffier. However, it was much more distinctly whole wheat flavored, which if you like it, is delicious. Probably not something good when cooking for non-vegans, but a great healthy alternative to an a white flour crust.

I also added some spinach to the pot pie mixture and used chicken style seitan instead of tofu. The chicken style seitan worked so well, especially with it's shredded nature that I so vividly remember in chicken pot pies.

Anyway, pot pies are a lot fun, try experimenting with them. It's easy. And in the end, it's still awesome.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yum! The ones I wound up making for easter had cauliflower, carrots, sweet potatoes, and peas, and instead of traditional gravy, I used curry sauce! I'll probably post about it soon but you're so right. Pot pies= easy and fun!