Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Something Green: Sushi!

I actually made something of my own for once. That was last night, and unfortunately I have no pictures or recipes up yet. But for now, I'll show another recipe from the Conscious Cook, because it's St. Patrick's day and it fits!! Sushi!!

Get it? The nori sheets are technically green? And the avocado??


Well, this dish was pretty awesome. The thai chili sauce I got was pretty sweet, so I might just use some siracha next time to mix in with the vegenaise to make it more spicy and less... sweet. And if you're trying to find something to do with your bag of bulk quinoa -- do this!! It's blackened portobellos that were marinated in creole seasoning and wine [[there's more to it than that]] with avocados, scallions, and that thai chili vegenaise.

Here are some other green things:

Spinach Artichoke Dip
Green Bean Casserole
Fried Green Tomatoes

1 comment:

Chris said...

Awesome pictures! I need to give sushi another try.