Monday, December 8, 2008

Oh, the Vegan Blogger

The more I'm on here, looking up recipes, figuring things out, I'm starting to see the preponderance of the food blogger. Every vegan likes to blog about food-- which is great, because for the most part, a lot of us need an online community to find great food places and to find good recipes. It's not as readily accessible as non-vegan restaurants and foods. But today, I'm making a pact. I'm sorry I polluted the internet with crappy posts with recipes from the Veganomicon or Vegan with a Vengeance. We've clearly over-killed Isa recipes [[to the left, her delicious fauxstess cupcakes, as done by me]]. I'll try to add more to your life than spam it. So, in the spirit of not spamming you-- I'll give you the coolest things I've tried recently.

In case you haven't tried them yet, I'm here to tell you, this is the best Snickerdoodle recipe, and sugar cookie recipe for that matter, I've tried so far [[I did the soft version, but I still needed it in there for a whole 15 minutes]]. The recipe was also a little dry for me, so I had to add 5 tablespoons of water. And just to warn you, in case you're not experienced [[as I'm not terribly experienced yet]], don't make the mistake of over-baking them. I took them out, and they were still soft to the touch. They keep cooking when you let them cool, so even if they're a little gooey, it's ok.
**My addition to think recipe: 1/3 cup sugar plus 2 teaspoons cinnamon mixed really well give it a great balance of sugar to cinnamon.

More to come one some local restaurants and a black bean soup recipe from this weekend.

<3

[[photo credits as always to the hubby, Andrew Warner]]

No comments: