Monday, January 12, 2009

Awesomely, Amazing Blueberry Muffins




I love blueberry muffins. I've tried a couple other recipes, often substituting bananas for the egg, which just ends up making it taste like bananas. So, I concocted a recipe that I find pretty delicious. Let me know if you have any suggestions, as I'm still messing around with it. Andy and I ate four... I know, I live in shame.

Preheat 400 F [[I did 375 because my blueberries were frozen]]

muffin:
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
a little cinnamon
1 Ener-G Egg
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup. +3 Tbs. vanilla soy milk
1 cup blueberries

crumb topping:
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs. flour
a little cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves
2 Tbs. earth balance

Mix wet ingredient together, first whipping the Ener-G Egg really well, then add milk and oil. Then, mix all dry ingredients and combine with wet. Don't over beat muffins, it's ok if it's lumpy and some dry ingredients aren't all the way mixed in. Those will combine in the oven. Fold in blueberries.

Once you put them in the muffin pan, mix together the crumb topping. It'll melt in the over and become the sweet crunchy topping. If you want it to be more crumby, add a little less butter and use an electric mixer to beat it, that way they're little pieces.

Bake 25 minutes. Adjust per over, though.


These are really fast and easy. I'd recommend using fresh blueberries if you have them-- frozen ones just don't cut it sometimes.


<3

1 comment:

Zucchini Breath said...

Those look great. I don't have much experience baking with dairy and eggs, much less without it but I find that a tbs of ground flax seed in my pancakes and waffles makes them more "eggy"

Cheers!