Monday, March 9, 2009

Carrot Cupcakes!


This isn't my recipe, but I thought I'd impart a review of this recipe. The Joy of Vegan Baking has a carrot cake recipe that I used to make carrot cupcakes. I hunted for other recipes, and it seems everyone has such different takes on carrot cake. Some like it sweeter, some like it earthier. I like mine sweeter personally, and unfortunately, Coleen's recipe was on a the earthier side. With enough of that amazing cream cheese frosting, though, they're pretty out of this world. Oh, and they're like loads better refrigerated. It's kind of strange.

My question to you is, how do I make these sweeter without ruining the balance. I know adding more sugar will effect the texture, so how do I sweeten them while keeping them fluffy and delicious still? I also wanted to substitute brown sugar, because I like the molasses flavor, but I was unsure how the moisture in the brown sugar would affect the recipe. Any advice would be much appreciated. :)

No comments: