Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 2

---------------------------------------------------------
Breakfast: 1/3 cup Ezekiel Golden Flax cereal with organic blueberries and 1/3 cup vanilla rice milk
Snack: Clif Bar
Lunch: [[all organic again]] Veggie Hummus Wrap; Sauteed red onions, spinach, broccoli, with fire roasted green peppers and raw shredded beets wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla with a side of red pepper hummus
Snack: Clif Bar with 1/2 cup of carrot orange juice
Work out: 45 minutes of cardio
Dinner: [[all organic ingredients]] Vcon Spicy Tempeh; add 1.5 cups of spinach, light on the EVO
---------------------------------------------------------

The hummus wrap was really easy. I just sauteed the onions and garlic together. Then, I sauteed the spinach with a little cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes. I took a green pepper and put it on a cookie sheet under a broiler until it was blistered. When I removed it I placed it in a paper bag for 10 minutes. I took it out, removed the skin, cut the top off and the insides, and cut it into slivers. [[like with my jack fruit enchiladas]]. Then, I shredded some beets on top, added a little Sracha, wrapped it, and refrigerated it for the next day. When I ate it for lunch, I heated it up about 2 minutes. MMM... so good and organic. :)

Day 2 was better. I'm getting into the habit of simultaneously preparing two meals at once-- one for dinner and one for lunch the next day. And Andrew has been my amazing partner is cooking. Yesterday we incorporated working out, which we'll try to do every other day. It's hard when you're always cooking though. We also included some light snacking. It's better to eat lightly throughout the day, supposedly, then starving yourself and eating at set times.

The regiment isn't too strict, as you can see. We pretty much eat the same things, except we up our vegetables, only buy organic, avoid sweets, and never eat out. And you know what, I feel a whole lot better. I feel healthier. I don't feel like a fat pig who sits around and eats take out all day. And I feel like I'm filling Andrew full of the best food to make him as healthy as possible when he dares his stunt. It's making me a little less worried about him and a little more confident.

---------------------------------------------------------
[[Why Beets?]]

I've been incorporating beets every day, and it's not just because I bought a bunch [[well part of it, but they're also really good for you!]]. They are one of the best things you can eat. In a NY Times Article "Beets: The New Spinach", beets are described as a powerhouse high in folate, manganese and potassium. They are also great in preventing birth defects and fighting cancer [[more here]]. Raw beets are the way to go, and if they come with them, you should eat the green, leafy parts-- they're the most nutrient rich. SO, eat some beets today. On an awesome veggie wrap. Your heart will love you. And possibly your unborn fetus.

No comments: