Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Healthy Products a Sham

I'm really upset with Rudi's Organic Bakery products. We bought a package of "Wheat Buns", which seemed like they would be whole wheat, right? The top listed ingredient is "Unbleached Wheat Flour" which is just a foxes way of saying white flour. Shit like that really bothers me. I know they offer a whole wheat bun [[from what their website says]] but the wheat buns seem like a dirty trick to make people feel like they are eating a healthy product when in reality it's just white bread. It just reinforces that fact that I need to read labels a millions times more carefully. There are companies out there trying to bank on the health food train without actually being healthy.

Another thing that bothers me [[and our beloved clif bars do it]] -- "Evaporated Cane Juice". It's like, really? I know that's just sugar.

Healthy products. What a sham.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

This is one of my biggest annoyances. I get really really tired of looking for bread and finding the ones that are labeled "wheat" or "whole wheat" have effing enriched flour and high fructose corn syrup in the ingredients. My sweet mother thinks that the "wheat" bread she gets is a healthier choice and that I'll want to eat it when I'm in town. It's bullshit; I completely agree.

I've not been to any of the meet-ups, but am considering it. Have you been? How were they if so?