I found this survey on Whoa Wren's blog and thought I'd take a lazy Saturday to fill it out. You should fill it out, too.
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Rice milk. Vanilla.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
I'm determined to make a good pesto, whole wheat cinnamon buns, and ... it's not really cooking, but ice cream!
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
earth balance and salt.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
I made a chocolate cake and didn't know the difference between dutch processed and regular cocoa powder. EPIC fail. It tasted like ass.
5. Favorite pickled item?
6. How do you organize your recipes?
At home, I have a baker's rack with post-its and tabs for things I make often. At home, I have a "vegan blogs" tab on my toolbar filled with recipes.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
sweet potatoes, avocados, and seitan
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Pretending I was French and doing stupid accents while I made boxed alfredo with my sister.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Purely Decadent Coconut Milk Mocha Almond Fudge ooooh my god
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
Wooden spoons... Is that an appliance? ;)
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
I probably would say cayenne pepper or something, but it's really salt.
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Cheesecake! They never know...
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Seitan and tofu are close. But probably seitan.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
I like cooking mid day.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Ezekiel cereal and a shit ton of empty bottles of alcohol. Not mine. They're all Andrew's brother's!
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Amy's frozen pizza, blue berries, ground flax seed
20. What's on your grocery list?
Garlic, broccoli, vegan oyster sauce, onion... I need to go shopping, bad.
21. Favorite grocery store?
Kroger or the Co-op
22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
Brown bread and sweet butter from Outback Steakhouse.... oh man.
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Happy. Healthy. Life. , Vegan Dad, Fat Free Vegan... iono I read a lot. Everything on my blog roll and more.
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Green & Black... 85% dark
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Meeh. I don't buy extravagant. I got a Z pizza for lunch?
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
Iono... almost everything in produce. I don't know what to do with half that crap. I will never buy coconuts again.
Fun facts!! And oh, if you like THAT chocolate, then I must also recommend my all-time favorite brand:
These surveys are fun to read. You've never made a good pesto? why why why? 'Tis so easy.
Basil, olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, salt and pepper. Now go forth!
Strawberry jam lovers unite! ;)
Post a Comment