Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Farm Mac and Cheez





I've been home all day sick and starving-- we're really past due for a shopping trip. I didn't want to leave the house-- or do any extravagant cooking adventure, so I pretty much sat her hungry, thinking my lunch was going to be apple sauce and graham crackers. Usually when this happens, I just make a box of Road's End Mac N Chreese, but in spite of our hefty stocking, we were out. So, when I found a box of elbow macaroni, I had to make my own.

I had to do a lot of hunting to find a recipe that didn't require a shopping trip, but I finally landed on Get Sconed's adaptation of New Farm's Mac and Cheez. I loved the idea of adding spinach or a veggie and baking it with bread crumbs. I didn't have bread crumbs really, so I just toasted a slice of Rye [[from when we were on a big Reuben fit]] 'til it was hard enough to crumble on top. And I have to say, it was pretty freaking amazing. So, so good. You should try it!

No comments: