Thursday, January 22, 2009

Great Chefs Cook Vegan

I finally did it; I bought Great Chefs Cook Vegan. It's a great little book-- beautiful pictures, nice stories, intricate recipes. I'm really excited to expand my culinary expertise-- however limited it is.

I'm really disappointed with the general laziness of vegans, though, especially Isa. I tried desperately to find a blog who tested out these recipes, and I couldn't find one. So, when I finally settled on the PPK Forum about it, I was so disappointed. The complaining about how complicated it was and how time consuming the recipes were-- it's like, if you just wanted your waffle variation recipes and 80 ways to grill tofu, go buy Vegan with a Vengeance. Isa seemed to be guiding people along-- asking if anyone ACTUALLY cooked this stuff. At least one guy had the balls to call Isa out and ask why she hasn't tried cooking anything herself, yet. But what more can we expect from her? I think the competition worries her into thinking she has to talk shit to ensure her cult following. Oh, Isa.

Tonight, we're making the Brochette-- the simplest recipe in there really, with the fewest ingredients. I'll admit, it's hard for me to go buy truffles-- they're so damn expensive. I just wanted something nice with few ingredients, since we are making them for Andy's parents. The chances they'll hate it just because it's vegan are high, so why waste a truffle on them?

More to come on the food, with [[hopefully]] some pictures.

<3

No comments: