Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day 9 and 10: Chickpea Flour

-------------------------------------------------------------
Breakfast: 1/3 cup Ezekiel Golden Flax cereal with organic blueberries and 1/3 cup organic vanilla rice milk; organic decaf green tea
Lunch: Baja-style tempeh from Vcon, this time in a whole wheat burrito with black beans, spicy sprouts, raw spinach, jalapenos, hot sauce, guacamole, and cilantro lime cream; water
Snack: Clif Bar
Dinner: Tofu Egg-less Salad Sandwich from Clintonville [[which was nasty]] and a large side of spicy, garlic broccoli; water
-------------------------------------------------------------
Breakfast: 1/3 cup Ezekiel Golden Flax cereal with organic blueberries and 1/3 cup organic vanilla rice milk; organic decaf green tea
Lunch: TLT from Clintonville with a side spinach salad with Seeds of Change dressing; water
Snack: Clif Bar
Dinner: Amy's Tamale and an Amy's black bean and tomato burrito; water
Work Out: 30 minutes on the exercise bike
Snack: banana
-------------------------------------------------------------


Tempeh marinading
Sorry I didn't post. It's tax season and yesterday I was trying to coordinate a trip to Florida with Andrew's family with a trip back to California to see my family. It's been a little hectic.

I'm ashamed to display what we've eat the past couple nights-- it's all been packaged food, with the occasional side of fresh greens. I'd like to avoid the packaged foods, mostly because they're generally loaded with sodium. I like that they're vegan and organic, however, not the route I want to take this regiment.

If you've been following my twitter at all, last night I did some experimenting with chickpea flour. I read on a PPK forum that someone didn't know what to do with it-- and I guess the only thing I've ever made with it is crepes. So, I decided to experiment. I tried some pakoras which I'll get into more this weekend and post about. I also made some chickpea battered tofu for lunch today, which I will post about tomorrow. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things...

No comments: