Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Simple Salads


I love a good cilantro lime vinaigrette. If you've never had one, Bodega Cafe in the Short North has a good spinach salad with a cilantro lime vinaigrette. Try it out some time. It's vegan if you ask for no cheese.

I was craving an CLV, but thoroughly lacking the ambition to make one, so I made this impromptu lime-y, cilantro-y concoction.

Take some spinach. Top with shredded carrots and chopped red onions. Add however much extra virgin olive oil you like. Some people like soggy -- I like a light dressing. Squirt a little bit of lime on it. Not too much, it'll make it very sour. For that sized salad, do like a teaspoon. Top with about 1/4 tsp. minced garlic [[I have a jar of it, it's very handy.]] and about 1 tbs. dried cilantro [[or fresh if you're luckier than me]].

And there's your janky vinaigrette. Not quite a vinaigrette, but really good still.

No comments: