I don't know if it's just me, but I get really excited when I realize I can make something extremely indulgent and delicious. I hate to call it unhealthy, because it is, but it isn't really that bad. Tofu, by most people's standards, is really good for you-- good protein, not too high in the calories. And a seedy, no preservative, whole wheat bread, always the best alternative to a white bread. And if you want something melty and awesome, vegan cheese is a much healthier alternative to real cheese. Plus, those fake bacon strips are like 20 calories.
I guess that's not the point, though. I wanted to make something that felt bad. But wasn't THAT bad. So, if you're feeling on the cusp of evil, try this.
Cheesy Garlic Tofu Scramble Sandwich
with Fake Bacon
- A whole wheat bread, like ezekiel or even a multi-grain loaf would be good if you want something more like a sub sandwich
- One recipe for cheesy garlic bread spread
- One recipe for tofu scramble
- 4 strips of smart bacon
- Olive oil
- Prepare your tofu scramble first
- While preparing tofu scramble, fry your smart bacon in about 1 tablespoon olive oil until very crispy
- When completed 1 and 2, prepare your slices of cheesy garlic bread
- Remove cheesy garlic bread from broiler and assemble sandwich: one slice cheesy bread, two strips of smart bacon, about 1/3 cup tofu scramble, top with another slice of cheesy garlic bread.
Mmmm, wow- that looks dangerously amazing!
This looks so amazing! :) Thanks for sharing this!
Wow that recipe looks amazing, thank you!!
I regularly read your blog – and really enjoy it! I also work closely with vegan/vegetarian marketing company Vegan Mainstream (VM) as a freelance writer and editor…and I thought that maybe a new weekly email we’re going to send out could be of interest to you. Basically VM are producing a lot of content that covers a great number of issues affecting veg people like us (in and out of the workplace) – from comic strips to news to blog posts – which is getting more and more popular.
The weekly email will let you know what’s coming up in the next week in case subjects can tie in with anything you’re planning on writing about in your blog!
If you’re interested you can sign up here: http://eepurl.com/Nqin.
If you need more info you can contact me here: firstname.lastname@example.org, as I’m going to be sending the email out each week! Thanks!
gimme lean sausage (fry patties)
tofu scrambler patties (season to taste)
toffutti cheese slices
fry the first two up. add the cheese at the end while frying up your favorite bread in the pans grease. put it all between the bread and devour.
best breakfast sandwich of all-time
ps - fry the tofutti cheese every very briefly
Post a Comment