I don't know if it's just me, but I get really excited when I realize I can make something extremely indulgent and delicious. I hate to call it unhealthy, because it is, but it isn't really that bad. Tofu, by most people's standards, is really good for you-- good protein, not too high in the calories. And a seedy, no preservative, whole wheat bread, always the best alternative to a white bread. And if you want something melty and awesome, vegan cheese is a much healthier alternative to real cheese. Plus, those fake bacon strips are like 20 calories.
I guess that's not the point, though. I wanted to make something that felt bad. But wasn't THAT bad. So, if you're feeling on the cusp of evil, try this.
Cheesy Garlic Tofu Scramble Sandwich
with Fake Bacon
- A whole wheat bread, like ezekiel or even a multi-grain loaf would be good if you want something more like a sub sandwich
- One recipe for cheesy garlic bread spread
- One recipe for tofu scramble
- 4 strips of smart bacon
- Olive oil
- Prepare your tofu scramble first
- While preparing tofu scramble, fry your smart bacon in about 1 tablespoon olive oil until very crispy
- When completed 1 and 2, prepare your slices of cheesy garlic bread
- Remove cheesy garlic bread from broiler and assemble sandwich: one slice cheesy bread, two strips of smart bacon, about 1/3 cup tofu scramble, top with another slice of cheesy garlic bread.