Sunday, September 20, 2009

New Shoes: For Shame

I know I have complained in the past about how expensive Olsen Haus shoes are and how I'm cheap when it comes to clothing... but sometimes things change.

Recently, my boss has complained that the office looks too casual, because we all wear jeans and sandals. So, that was kind of an excuse for Andrew and I to go buck wild and buy new stuff. Somehow that included these...

I'm ordinarily a size 9.5 to a 10, but Olsen Haus doesn't make half sizes. I went for a 9 and they fit perfectly. They're white vegan patent leather with a thick heel and a peep toe. Inside the shoes, they read "Olsen Haus: Pure Vegan; There is only the Truth". I'm not sure what that means, but I'll assume it's some pro-vegan propaganda. If you go to the Olsen Haus website, she has some interesting diagrams under "the 'truth' about animals" [[more references to "the truth"]].

Anyway, I think they're cool shoes and decently comfortable for a heel; a habit I'm slowly coming into. I had to grow out of my 10 dollar sandals and t-shirts someday...