Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 4 and Dinner Disasters

-------------------------------------------------------------
Breakfast: 1/3 cup Ezekiel Golden Flax cereal with organic blueberries and 1/3 cup vanilla rice milk; organic decaf green tea
Snack: Clif Bar; organic decaf green tea
Lunch: [[all organic again]] Idaho Mess wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla, light oil; water
Snack: banana
Work Out: 45 minutes of cardio - running/walking
Dinner: [[all organic ingredients]] Vegan pesto over red potatoes and whole wheat penne
-------------------------------------------------------------

I have to admit, Andrew ate the pesto and I didn't. I'm not sure if I've just never liked pesto, but I found that recipe absolutely repulsive. I ate a black bean burger on Ezekiel bread. Black bean burgers are amazing-- definitely my favorite in the vegan burger family.

So I don't have much to write about-- sort of stuck in March Madness tonight, watching some basketball and Friday Night Lights, and recovering from the week. Tax season takes its toll. Tonight we went grocery shopping at the co-op, and we bought some Amy's meals [[cheap, healthy, organic-- all within the regiment]] to relieve some of the nightly pressures of cooking full meals AND lunches.

After that pesto disaster [[in my mind]] I'm feeling a little frustrated. There just isn't time in one night to mess up a meal. Any advice on some full proof, deliciousness?

No comments: